Project: "Development of a GOOSY-PAW Successor System"
Minutes of the 3rd Meeting on August 6, 1998
Participants: R. Barth, H. Essel, S. Hofmann, J. Hoffmann, R. Holzmann, M.
Kaspar, W. Koenig, C. Kozhuharov, N. Kurz, M. Richter, K. Schmidt, K. Sümmerer, H. Winter
Distribution: P. Braun-Munzinger, S. Glückert, H. Göringer, N. Herrmann, H. J.
Kluge, P. Koczon, U. Krause, U. Lynen, V. Metag, W.F.J. Müller, G. Münzenberg, V. Schaa,
C. Scheidenberger, C. Schlegel, K.H. Schmidt, H. J. Specht, R. Steiner, E. Stiel
1. Various Topics
2. Experiments at the ESR by C. Kozhuharov
The data acquisition and analysis of ESR experiments have been described and discussed
with examples like the dielectronic resonance recombination.
The major things to be implemented in the new system should be:
- setting and control of the experimental set-up and accelerator parameters by the data
acquisition and/or the real-time data analysis.
- time dependent acquisition of single and multiple data (counters, spectra, ...). The
time scale is normally not equidistant, the acquired data have time dependent
- The addition of values, spectra etc. from different repetitions of the similar
measurement is not simple, because of in-equidistant time steps and different
- The propagation of errors must be handled correctly.
- Such spectra require extended specialized statistical treatment presently not available
in the standard packages.
- set-up parameters should be logged by the data acquisition
- constant fractions, amplifiers (CAEN), high-voltage supplies etc. should be set and
controlled by the data acquisition
- input channels should be sampled by fast flash-ADCs (12.5 ns) for further details
analysis (e.g. pile up) or for storing these data in ring buffers (equidistant in time) to
be stopped and then read out by separate trigger signals. Absolute time can be acquired by
sampling sine generator signals of well defined frequencies. This method can be used for
Gamma spectroscopy as well.
3. Next meeting
The project members agreed in first regular meetings twice a week on
Monday 14:00 and Thursday 14:00,
always in the meeting room of the DV&EE department
The next meetings and their agenda:
Monday, August 10, 1998, 14:00
M. Kaspar: Analysis in the Euroball Experiment
Thursday, August 13, 1998, 14:00
S. Hofmann: Experiments at SHIP
M. Richter, August 6, 1998