Research and Parastic Products
In RIKEN(Aug. 1997-Mar.2000;
post doctoral researcher)
- Now, I am involved in several experimental programs with RIKEN Projectile
fragment Separator (RIPS). (collaboration with Rikkyo university, RIKEN and
university of Tokyo)
(1) to study the radiative capture cross sections of astrophysical interests
(2) to study nuclear structure of nuclei far from stability line by using
Coulomb excitation/dissociation reactions, charge exchange reactions and
- I visited GSI and am am involved in experimental program
by using the FRagment Separator(FRS) at GSI.(collaboration with GSI,
technische hochschule Darmstadt....)
(1) The nuclear structure of hallo nuclei was studied by measuring the
total reaction cross section and 1p/1n removable cross sections.
(2) Coulomb dissociation aproach for studying the radiative capture
cross sections of astrophysical interest is planing to be performed
by usng FRS and KaoS.
- I am participating a project to search for Super Heavy Element
at Dubna, FLNR, JINR, Dubna, Russia. (collaboration with RIKEN, Dubna,
A series of experiments is performed
by using 48Ca beam inpinged on 232Th, 238U,
239Pu targets. I developed
a data acquisition system
for measuring alpha particles and fission products from Super Heavy Elements.
In Osaka University (May. 1997-Aug. 1997;
In GSI(Aug. 1994-Apr. 1997; post doctoral fellow)
- I involved several experimental programs at GSI.
Here is a publication list at GSI.
- I mainly worked for an experiment of Coulomb dissociation of 8B
at 254 A MeV.
For this experiment, we built a new beam line to Kaon Spectrometer(KaoS)
at Cave C via FRagment Separator.
- For this purpose, we developed a universal Monte Carlo code for transport
of heavy ions through matter within ion-optical system
MOCADI-2.0, a code for calculating
achromatic and monochromatic degrader angles
Wedge-1.0, and user interface of GICO
(Nao-gico and Nao-gicoback).
- In Rikkyo University
(Apr. 1987 - Aug. 1994; student of master's and doctor's course)
- on Experiments with the
RIKEN ring cyclotron.
- on data acquisition and device coltrol programs.
Portable CAMAC data acquisition program
(used for many experiments, experiment of position sensitive detector, etc.)
A remote control system of high voltage device
(used for the 14O Coulomb dissociation experiment)
CAMAC data acquition program with VME
N.Iwasa@gsi.de: 20th Mar. 1997